A Dogs Trainer pages

Sunday, April 5, 2009

Mutt beauty

Just back from Mexico, I got good memories of a dozen dogs.
Mutts everywhere.
I found mixed-breed dogs in every other street, wandering around. People say that a mutt is always an original masterpiece, but seeing them like that is a whole different story. What makes a mutt a beauty? I can be many things, the handsome ones I found had several common features, probably because those are what I focus on: they were sleek, showing the grace of their muscles in action, with thin waists and bulky, proud chests, a self assured gait and a broad smile.
I got an eyeful of them.
Though many of them must have been un-owned dogs -they were walking alone in the business section of the city-, they seemed happy, well fed and clean, and looked just as well pampered as any household pooch in America. Somehow, I find that they are respected by people, who avoid running them over on the streets and tossed food once in a while, they have no rabies or mange.
Maybe that's why they smile happily: they are free to roam about and live in harmony with men, machine and beasts.
Some primitive naturalism.

No comments:

Post a Comment