A Dogs Trainer pages

Monday, October 15, 2012

Reuse paper to Save Money and the Environment.

There is plenty of paper that goes into trash can that can serve a better purpose for the human and canine worlds.
You can transform all those newspapers from yesterday, the coupon magazines, the bulk mail, into handy pick-up paper-folds for you doggy-duty.
Here is what I do:

  • As I go out of the house, I pick up one of those coupon magazines that come in half-tabloid size. When we get to the park, I grab a page and fold it by half, and once again by half, to make a 4-fold.
  • I go page by page that way.
  • When my dogs finally find their spot and do their "business" (the solid one obviously) it's time to unfold one of those papers, wrap the droppings in it and toss it in the nearest trash can.

This might seem obvious, but to me I took a couple of stinky hands to realize that you shouldn't grab the paper by the bulge on the bottom but by the neck, the free paper that stands up, because dog poop is wet when it's fresh and that humidity percolates through the paper to your hands. It's bacteria that should not be in anyone's skin.
This is not only something practical that will save you some money from not buying doggy bags, it also saves the environment just a little bit at a time, by reusing a material that is probably eating up a whole lot of trees.
And words to the wise: A coupon magazine is useful if you have small dogs, since their "business" can fit in a sheet of paper, but if you find something that is big enough, like an 8-column newspaper, you could use it for your big dog's needs and deeds.

Do you have any other handy tricks to take care of your dog the frugal way. Please share them with me, I will share them along.

Heriberto Vizcarra, a Dogs Coach.

No comments:

Post a Comment